Here's what I'm currently working on. Last updated August 29, 2020.
I've never been able to read one book at a time. I always have at least three stacked on the table next to my bed. My attention span as a developer isn't any better, which is why my Trello account has twelve "active" boards for various Mac and iOS apps I'm working on. But if I have to pick three...
- My eleven year old note taking app, Nottingham, (how can it be that old??) hasn't seen an update in over two years. And that's because, quite frankly, there are way better Mac apps that do the same thing and more. So, I gave up and let the app languish. But now I'm working on a new version, lovingly called N5, that approaches note taking from a direction I've never seen before but fits perfectly with how my brain works. I can't wait to finish it if for no one other than myself.
- Six years ago I threatened my Twitter followers that I was going to make my own email client. That turned out to be a way bigger undertaking than I expected. So, I took the easy way out, deleted all of the UI, and made it only work with Siri. The result is Voxmail. It's the first email client you can't read. You can try it out on TestFlight.
- My oldest app, VirtualHostX, is very much overdue for a big update that I originally planned (never promise release dates to your customers) earlier this year. It was nearly ready to go in June, but then, well, Apple Silicon. Now I'm in a holding pattern while I research a path forward.
Books I'm reading:
On Heavy Rotation:
My top four, most-played albums in August, 2020 - according to Plex.
- R.E.M.: Reckoning
- John Coltrane: Blue World
- Tedeschi Trucks Band: Live From The Fox Oakland
- Elton John: 17-11-70
Kickstarters and Patreons I'm supporting:
Causes I'm Donating To:
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Everytown for Gun Safety
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Wikimedia Foundation