Here’s what I’m currently working on (last updated January 8, 2020):
- VirtualHostX Pro shipped on December 2, 2019. This was the next major release of my local macOS web development environment and the biggest one yet. It’s also the first product I’ve ever shipped that uses a subscription pricing model.
- Rebudget shipped on January 1, 2020. All December, folks were posting about what they accomplished and how they spent the 2010s. Rather than look back on the past decade, I thought it would be more fun to look forward to what’s to come. So, I tried my damndest to make something new in time for the new year. It’s a Mac app called Rebudget that makes forecasting your personal finances a breeze.
- MoneyMate is a privacy-focused finance app for macOS that automatically syncs with your bank and uses machine learning to categorize your transactions. I’ve been using it nearly every day for my own family’s financial needs since April 2019, and I never visit my bank’s website anymore except to pay bills. I would love to see a v1.0 release sometime in 2020. Interested in kicking the tires? I could use some beta testers. Email me if you’re interested.
Books I’m reading:
- The Man They Wanted Me to Be by Jared Yates Sexton
- My Father Left Me Ireland by Michael Brendan Dougherty
My current jams:
- God Don’t Never Change: The Songs of Blind Willie Johnson
- R.E.M.: Unplugged 1991/2001
- The Wood Brothers: Live at the Fillmore I flew 2,000 miles to see this concert in person.
Kickstarters and Patreons I’m supporting:
Causes I’m Donating To:
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Everytown for Gun Safety
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Wikimedia Foudnation