If you squint your eyes and look to the side of your monitor, Leopard is actually quite attractive.
- VirtualHostX is broken at the moment. That’ll be fixed as soon as I roll out Apache 2 support.
- The new iCal is hot. I love that there is now a physical separation between local and subscribed calendars.
- I just noticed all pop-up menus have rounded corners – feels very Web 2.0 inspired.
- My PHP5/MySQL install got borked. Solution…
sudo mkdir /var/mysql
sudo ln -s /tmp/mysql.sock /var/mysql/mysql.sock
Enable PHP5 /private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf (line 114)
Add your vhosts to /private/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf
- When you look at the translucent menu bar by itself, it’s sort of nice. But if there’s a window pushed up against it the transparency really stands out and looks strange. It’s not a good contrast.
- I just used iChat’s new screen sharing function to help a co-worker from across the room. Normally I have to get up and walk over there. Not any more!
- What the crap?? Command-tabbing doesn’t rotate back around when you reach the end of the application list. Wait. False alarm. It does – just not when you use the arrow keys to move through the list.